Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Going Grey Challenge #1.......Wahoooooo


Oh my word, I am SOOO excited.....Today is the day of my first Challenge. My DT team and myself are so excited about this journey we are about to embark on.
So, let me tell you how the "Going Grey challenge" at Scrap-Creations works. Every Tuesday I will post a challenge with some sort of theme (sketch, color, holiday, etc...), but the one thing that will always remain the same, is the Designer Paper. In order to play in the challenges, you will always have to use Basic Grey Designer paper. Why Basic Grey, because I am a BG addict of course (hehehe). I love Basic Grey paper and I hope you do too.
With today being the first challenge, I decided that it should be a PRIZE challenge. Rachel from Hope Stamps Eternal has graciously offered to sponsor our prize this week. What's the prize you ask????? Well, Basic Grey paper of course. one random winner will win 1 pack of Kioshi, and 1 pack of Green at heart. Both packs are newly released.
So, what is this weeks challenge???? Celebration of course. We are celebrating our new challenge group and we hope to celebrate with you. All you have to do is create your card and link your card to "mr. Linky" at the bottom of this post. You will have until Monday at 6pm est time to upload your card. I will announce the winner on the following Tuesday.
For my card today, I used one of my new Stampavie stamps (which I am loving), and I used the Basic Grey Cupcake paper. I went with the celebration challenge, and viola we have a challenge here :)

I also wanted to introduce you to a amazing group of ladies that I have asked to be a part of my Challenge inspiration team. Each of these ladies is truly talented. Take a peek at what they came up with for this weeks challenge.

Crystal Irwin
Kim Howard
Mary Castonquay
Peggy Regan
Don't be afraid to head to their blog and leave them a little love. We all love some lovin. Aren't their cards amazing??? I think so :)


19 comments:

Rachel Hope said...

Woo Hoo! I Love Challenges and I Love Basic Grey....I Really love your card! :) Great paper/image combo!!!

Crystal said...

WOOOHOO Kristen such an exciting day!!! I LOVE your card it looks AWESOME and your dp is gorgeous!!!!

Pia said...

So exciting Kristen, the cards are SUPER!! Good luck!

Basement Stamper said...

All the cards are phenomenal- can't wait to see what everyone creates using their BG!!

Your card is darling, I love the bright colors and that image is too cute! That's one pack of BG I don't have I bought a couple sheets but not to whole pack.

Peggy said...

Congrats Kristen!!! Thank you for choosing me for one of the DT's. I hope this is a roaring success!!

Michelle Quinno said...

Very cute! Love the colors.

Lisa Somerville said...

Too cute Kristen - what a great Paper Line you've chosen to base your challenges around.

Christine said...

Hi Kristen love BG DP's hope my entry is OK its a Mothers day celebration card..

Hugs Christine xx

Patti J said...

Congrats on a fun new challenge blog! BG is an addiction to me, as well! Great job by the DT - you are so lucky to have such talented folks to start out your endeavor!!! Okay...off to check out my BG!

Mary C said...

Kristen your card is so adorable for such a fantastic challenge! Thank you so much for including me
on the inspiration team! I can't wait to see what everyone creates!

Danni said...

Yay!! How exciting and fun!! Love your card!!

Donna said...

This is great fun! And with my favorite paper too. Hope you like my card! Thanks for the challenge!

Silke Ledlow said...

Awesome new challenges...I love BasicGrey...wahoooo!!! All the samples are beautiful!!! I had fun playing along!!! Hugs ~S~

Betty Wright said...

Congrats on the new challenge! This is an easy one! I use Basic Grey a lot! Gorgeous samples!

JenMarie said...

Is there a keyword for uploading to galleries?

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Hey GF, Congrats on your BG blog challenges and lots of luv to all the gals on the DT! Beautiful art! I played too, you can see me here:

http://iwork4stamps2.blogspot.com/2010/03/white-rabbit-is-toot-tooting.html

Stacy Sheldon said...

ah what a fun & easy idea to use Basic Grey Papers... :) Love the sample cards a great deal!

Mandy said...

cute cards! how awesome...i am all up for a challenge with basic grey...just love it!!!

Rona said...

sorry my first link is incorrect. I fixed it on the second link!! Great challenges I hope to play along often!!