Friday, March 5, 2010

"Oh Alice" & Greeting Farm too!!!


Happy Friday!!!! Wahooo...I love Fridays :) Do you love movies??? My husband and I do....We usually wait till they come on DVD, but there are some select movies that jump out at me which make me have to run to the theater to see....Always my favorites "Twilight and saga", "All the Harry Potter series", and today's release of Alice in Wonderland. It has me intrigued. I have to admit, that as as child I was not a big fan of the movie because it scared me. So, with that in mind, I am hesitant to take my own kids (who are 8&6), but I definitely want to see it. Do you have any interest?

So, to celebrate the Alice in Wonderland movie release today, I made a Alice card.....and guess what, it works for two different challenges this week. First, not sure you have seen the new challenge blog called "Oh Alice", but this blog is completely Alice in Wonderland themed and this week they had a sketch challenge (see below) .
My card also fits into this weeks Farm Fresh Friday challenge at The Greeting Farm. Their challenge is to make a card that is "Alice" themed. Well, seeing I had just purchased most of their new Digi stamps, I had the new Wonderland set ready to go......I also used on of the quotes from the movie on my card...Hehehe...... I have to admit that I am really enjoying everything Alice in Wonderland right now.
Well, tomorrow I will be heading to my sons Karate tournament and then spending the afternoon stamping with Kerry, Mary, Peggy, and Pia...I am hoping I can actually get something done. You know what happens when you get together with the ladies.....Chit, chat :) I can't wait to see them......
If you follow my blog you may have noticed that I mentioned I have some exciting news coming up..................And I do.............but you will have to wait till tomorrow.....:) Thank you for stopping bye, and don't forget to check back tomorrow for some REALLY BIG news......Happy creating!!!!

8 comments:

Basement Stamper said...

Great card, perfect for this challenge!

DonnaMundinger said...

Adorable card! Love your Alice! Gonna go check her out immediately. We've already got our tix for Alice today at the IMAX. I'm so excited. Not too sure about it for your kids age, though. Sometimes Tim Burton gets a little carried away. You go first. I certainly plan to see it more than once. xxD

Stacey said...

Beautiful card, love the paper you have used. Enjoy Alice! ~x~

kadie said...

This card is SO beautiful!! I love it!

Danni said...

What a pretty card!! Can't wait to hear your news!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is beautiful Kristen!! I so love your color combo and your layout!! The coloring rocks!! Can't wait to hear your news! I have seen that paper before but can't remember the name. What dp is that?
Have a great weekend!
hugs,
Chris

Crystal said...

AWWWW Kristen this is just soooo awesome sweetie...oh my word Alice is just darling, your papers are stunning and wow you did amazing on this sketch girl!!! Enjoy your weekend hun!!! Hugs!

Sammi said...

That card is so gorgeous!!
Thanks for playing along with us at Oh, Alice!
Sammi
xxx